Financial Year End Closing
Please remember to plan your purchases early this month so you won’t miss the boat at the end of the month. Additional information for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2017, is available on the Financial Accounting & Reporting website.
- Concur Payment Requests: 2017 expenditures should be processed in Concur as soon as possible after the expense is incurred. Payment Requests must be submitted and completely through the approval flow to Accounts Payable no later than 5:00pm on October 9th.
- Concur Travel, Entertainment and Reimbursement Expense Reports: Expenses for trips taken through September 30th are to be charged to your 2017 budget, submitted and completely through the approval flow to Accounts Payable as soon as possible after the completion of the trip, but no later than 5:00pm on October 9th. Please do not reconcile new year P-Card travel transactions prior to October 18th.
- P-Card Transactions: Concur expense reports for p-card non-travel with a purchase date of September 30th or prior should be reconciled and completely through the approval flow to P-Card Services no later than 5:00pm on October 9th and will post to FY2017. Please do not reconcile any transactions with an October 1st or after purchase date prior to October 18th.
- Receiving: Receiving should be promptly completed when items are received on or prior to September 30th.
- Purchase Orders: Fiscal year 2017 orders must be created and approved in buyBAMA by close of business on Monday, September 25th in order for the encumbrance to be brought forward to FY2018. All purchase orders created after September 30 must be charged to FY2018.
All purchase orders outstanding in fiscal year 2017 will be carried forward to your 2018 budget. A budget increase equal to these commitments will be processed to your 2018 budget to the degree that funds are available for funds 11000-11012. Departments will be responsible for budgeting encumbrances in all other funds, if appropriate.
Encumbrances will roll forward October 19th.