2016 Fiscal Year End
September means that the students are back on campus, football season is on the way, and that the end of the fiscal year is coming soon. Over the next month, there are several deadlines to be aware of. Please review the reminders below.
Year End Deadlines
Please remember to plan your purchases early this month so you won’t miss the boat at the end of the month. Information and due dates for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2016, are available on the Financial Accounting & Reporting website.
- Previous Month Payments: Please submit invoices and/or reimbursements to Accounts Payable ASAP for invoices or trips dated prior to August 1.
- Travel Vouchers and MDVs: Travel and Miscellaneous Disbursement Vouchers should be completed and delivered to Accounts Payable as soon as possiblefor prompt payment and accurate recording. As year-end approaches, please submit your vouchers along with the appropriate documentation to Accounts Payable without delay to ensure timely processing.
- Receiving: Receiving should be promply completed when items are received on or prior to September 30.
- Requisitions: Fiscal year 2016 orders must be created and approved in buyBAMA by close of business on Monday, September 26 in order for the encumbrance to be brought forward to FY2017. All purchase orders created afterSeptember 30 must be charged to FY2017.All purchase orders outstanding in fiscal year 2016 will be carried forward to your 2017 budget. A budget increase equal to these commitments will be processed to your 2017 budget to the degree that funds are available for funds 11000-11012. Departments will be responsible for budgeting encumbrances in all other funds, if appropriate.Encumbrances will roll forward October 20.
Please review any outstanding requisitions and purchase orders via Banner screen FGIOENC or via buyBama, and direct questions regarding encumbrances for requisitions and purchase orders to Purchasing at 348-5230 or the appropriate buyer.
- Bids: Items for bid must be requested by close of business on Wednesday, September 7 to allow time for bid advertising requirements, award and issuance of a purchase order for funds to be encumbered in FY2016.